Saturday, January 4, 2014

Things I Heard Today

I'm pretty sure we've been over this before, but Joshua just isn't getting it.  Earlier today he shouted out, "I just wish I was Asian!"  When we tried to tell him that he is Asian, he insisted that neither he nor any of his siblings look Asian.  And, as he rightly pointed out, we do not dress like Asians.  He left the kitchen in a huff before we could address the issue any further.

The girls, also, had a confession to make.  "We've been praying," Hannah told us.  I thought that was good.  And then Abby chimed in (oh, how I wish I could find a way to write how she actually pronounced this next part), "Yeah, we are praying that God will help us to fart more!"  Okaaaayyyy....

Later this evening I was on the treadmill in our bedroom.  Hannah often starts out back there for bedtime since she and Abby still keep each other awake.  So, while I exercise, I get to hear the random thoughts she has as she falls asleep.  Tonight she was watching me intently, which made me feel a bit self-conscious.  She has a way of making accurate observations and stating them in such blunt terms that you leave feeling awkward, offended, or both.  I couldn't help but wonder why she was staring at me.  Suddenly she blurted out, "Mommy, your pony tail looks like a horse's hair when it swooshes around!"  This led us into a brief explanation of the name "pony tail" which she thought was particularly brilliant.  And with that bit of information, she promptly fell asleep and I breathed a sigh of relief that she hadn't attempted to describe the size and shape of my body or the details of how she thinks babies are born.


No comments:

Post a Comment