Thursday, June 20, 2013

Snapshots: Morning Bike Ride

This morning we packed up and went for a bike ride.  It was the perfect day for it - not too hot, nice cloud cover, and an occasional breeze.  The kids really enjoyed themselves!

My big accomplishment this morning was mounting the bike rack on the van and successfully loading up Joshua and Hannah's bikes.

 They were hesitant at the start.

But it didn't take long for them to get the hang of going fast!

 The Abster on her trike.  :)

 I knew the moment would come when Abby was done riding her trike and I wasn't entirely sure how that would work out.  But in the end I discovered, as I have on many occasions, that this stroller is AWESOME!  I was able to comfortably push two kids, two bags, and a tricycle around on a loose gravel trail.  I even managed to jog with it for the last 1/4 mile and the stroller handled beautifully the whole time.

 Jeremiah had fun shouting out to Abby and the big kids (when they were close enough to hear him).

 Proud of their efforts!  These guys rode over 1 mile and even Abby rode close to 1/2 mile.  Upon arriving back at the car Joshua declared, "That was a really good workout!  Now we need to go home and make a BIG lunch!"  :)

Overall this outing was so successful that I'm hoping we can make it a more regular event.  Perhaps it'll be a good way to get exercising postpartum???

What are your family's favorite outdoor activities?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment