Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade Sparkling Slushy


I was wanting something sweet and icy to enjoy this afternoon, so I looked around the kitchen to find some ingredients that might work well together in our blender. The Sparkling Slushy is what I came up with and it certainly satisfied.

I used frozen strawberries and Hansen's Diet Black Cherry soda because that's what I had on hand. The possibilities are endless, though, so don't just use what I did. Get creative and enjoy!

Ingredients
-1 can soda
-2-2 1/2 cups frozen fruit

Directions
Place everything in the blender, beginning with just 2 cups of the frozen fruit. Blend to desired consistency. Add extra frozen fruit if your slushy looks too watery.
Makes 2 servings. Ours stretched to make 1 grown-up serving and 3 kid-sized servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment