Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Random Reflections on our move to Texas thus far...

Hi Everyone, 

This is a random post from Claude with some random reflections on our move to Texas.

Firstly, I am super thankful to Jesus for leading us here!  It's been hard to describe and put into words to people what this has been like, but basically it has meant that our family now has a lot more room to grow on every front, spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, somehow being here has meant that we have the resources to continue to grow, not simply from a material standpoint but somehow there's something about the Lord's plan that has meant that we can fluorish here down south and for that we are so thankful to Jesus!

Secondly, I love the fact that there is really good Pho noodle soup 2 mins down the road!  That's something I've missed from Melbourne and how growing up we used to have this regularly.  

Thirdly, I love the fact that it is so diverse here, this was an unexpected surprise and both around where we live and in my workplace sometimes I look around and wonder where in the world we are when in some of my meetings at work we have people from the UK, Japan, Iran, Turkey, New Zealand, Scotland, China, France, Australia, India, and of course the US all in one meeting!  It's crazy and it just blows my mind but at the same time is really refreshing to me, because I remember my days in Melbourne being similarly diverse in interactions with people.  What's need is that the nations have come to us and so in some ways the Lord has made it really easy to witness and make disciples of all nations right here in our own backyard!

Fourthly, I love the fact that we have connected with some young families and are in a growing Bible study on marriage.  That has been really refreshing to us and the Lord is already using it to transform how we live and interact and become one in our marriage on a day to day basis and also on an "airy-fairy" spiritual basis.  We are super thankful for these people!

Fifthly, we are also super thankful that we have connected with homeschoolers and homeschooling families who are like minded in our approach to character building and training to be like Jesus Christ and also rigorous academics.  As Becca has settled and grown in her rhythm in teaching and training these guys during the days, I've been really encouraged at the possibility of what is possible with homeschooling for Joshua, Hannah and Abby.  They are only 5, 4 and 2.5 years old and they are memorizing God's Word, learning math, learning how to read, spell, learning about the 5 Kingdoms of living things, the Assyrian Empire, violin, piano and that's just the formal part of things!  

It's been so encouraging to see how the Lord has brought us truly into a spacious place on so many levels and how He's growing our family!

Anyway, that's my random post, for now...

Oh yes, and I love the fact that you can get spicy food in a lot of places here, Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Tex-Mex, BBQ, I love that spice and chilli are just a natural part of the culture here!  As a kid, I never liked spicy food but as I grew up, I started to really like it and now we're in a place where all different kinds of spice come together and it's just wonderful!  You can even get really spicy things at Walmart like chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, probably the best 80 cents I've ever spent!

Anyway that's it for now, end random post.

God Bless y'all!

Claude (posting on the Chew family Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment