He did an excellent job!
Because of his success, we joke that he should be called "Papa Josh". :) He's not keen on the idea of nicknames, but last Friday while enjoying a slice of pizza I heard him laugh as he called himself by this name.
Here's how he does it:
PAPA JOSH'S PIZZA CRUST
- Measure 2 cups of very warm water into the mixing bowl.
- Add: 2 TB yeast
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
4 TB vegetable oil
- Mix in big mixer until foamy.
- Turn off mixer and add:
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups white flour
6 tsp vital wheat gluten
- Mix in mixer until it sticks together.
- Change to the bread dough hook. Add flour slowly until the dough does not stick to the bowl.
- Let mixer knead dough for 5 minutes. Check on it so it is not sticking. Add a little bit of flour as needed.
- Turn off the mixer. Take out the kneading hook.
- Cover bowl with clean cloth napkin or towel. Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Roll out each one to fit baking pan.
- Put butter on the baking trays. Put rolled dough onto trays.
- Add sauces, seasonings, cheese, and toppings.
- Let rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake pizzas at 400˚F for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is melted.