Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Vacuums and Things

Claude reads a passage of scripture each night at dinner.  We are currently in the book of Zechariah, Chapter 5.  Apparently the kids have been listening but not too carefully.

Before picking up in Zechariah 5:5, he asked the kids what Zechariah had seen when we last read together.

Hannah exclaimed, "A flying squirrel!"

Which led to a short discussion about what was really flying. Mere semantics.



Also, Abby is sure that we went to the "Older Store" today.  She will not believe Joshua as he (rather impatiently) insists that it was the Dollar Store.  And since she can't read, his attempts to spell the word are in vain.



And I've had my senior moment for the week.

The kids have been spending every spare moment in the backyard.  I'm not sure what they do.  I hear them barking and howling which, as I am always assured by their ringleader, is their way of giving signals to each other.  They are not trying to scare away the neighbor's dogs.

I also see them sitting on balls looking intently at the back fence.  I'm guessing that since watching cats out the front window in the evening is such great entertainment seeing tiny glimpses of the neighbor's dogs through little slits in the back fence must be equally enthralling.

It being "winter" and all down here in Houston, our yard is full of leaves.  We haven't bothered to rake except when Joshua needs to get some energy out.  Then we let him go to town.  And I think the girls had fun making a pile and jumping sitting in it over the weekend.

So, back to my senior moment.

The kids play in the backyard.  Then right into the living room they track every last leaf, pebble, and stick from our backyard.  We could just pretend that we're living on the patio and then maybe it wouldn't be so bothersome.

Anywho...tonight I needed to vacuum.  Again.  Things were going pretty smoothly but I noticed that some leaves were blowing around the carpet.  A little odd, but okay.

Then it dawned on me.

The vacuum is bagless.

But it's not this bagless.



It really does work better when fully assembled.

And then I tried to put the digital camera into the computer's DVD drive.  It made me think of my Grandma Phillips.  She gave the best hugs, made the best cup of tea, and had a way of causing you to feel special.  She was also electronically challenged.  I'm following in her footsteps.  Hopefully my hugging, tea making, and making others feel special skills will improve along with my growing technological impairment.


No comments:

Post a Comment