Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Funnies: Comparisons, Compliments, and More

Here are a very few of the funny things I heard this week.

Joshua to Claude: Wow, your teeth look like Russian rocket boosters!

Hannah, speaking about her hair: My hair flows down like Angel Falls.

Joshua to me while I was cooking dinner: You're such a great chef.  You could work at Chick-fil-A!

Joshua, speaking about a fuzzy green pencil: Give that mammalian pencil to me!

At the doctor's office...
Hannah: What is nasal spray?
Joshua: Hannah, that's when they spray something into your nasal cavity and then it travels down to your lungs.
Doctor, looking a bit surprised: Yes, that's basically what happens.

Doctor, speaking to me: Does Hannah recognize shapes? Colors? Maybe some short words?
Hannah: I can read my Bible.  It doesn't have any pictures in it, just lots of little words.
Doctor, again speaking to me: She reads books without pictures?
Me: Yes, she does.
Doctor: I suppose you're not concerned about her academics then?

Joshua and his friend had a little exchange between open van doors...strapped in their booster seats.
Friend: Hey, Joshua, what book are you reading?
Joshua, barely taking his nose out of his book: This.
Friend: What is it?
Joshua: It's a book about ancient Persian warfare.
Friend: That's cool!
These kids are 8 and 6 years old...weird, unsocialized homeschoolers I guess!


What funny things have you heard this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment